Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Additions (and deletions) to HLJ

Hello all!

I have been in the process of updating HLJ, and the blog has undergone a couple of changes. Below is a list of them:

1. I uploaded a widget created by Nev of Amsnet. The title is "Spread the Truth about Schapelle Corby" and includes a feed from the blog of the same name linked to on the sidebar. Nev updated the widget to network with 1) YouTube videos about Schapelle and 2) other supporters' sites. The widget is located in the sidebar under the petition.

2. I added a link to Schapelle.net by Morpheus and Rachel James. This fantastic webpage is based out of the UK and has been featured in various news articles and press releases. On this site, supporters can find video links, songs for Schapelle, case information, news links, and of course, the Picture Project, which Tara Hack presented to the United Nations recently in a plea of help for Schapelle.

3. The sidebar section "Discussion on Documentary" that featured links to the HBO forum on "Ganja Queen" has been relocated. Its new home is now in "HLJ Selected Connections to Elsewhere" under "'Ganja Queen' Discussion Board". My primary motivation for this was because the feed results linked here contained the same title, GANJA QUEEN, and they indicated nothing of the content of each post. The new link takes the viewer directly to HBO's main page for the general "Ganja Queen" forum.

4. I expanded the search parameters for the HLJ Videos feature on my sidebar. This is exciting because it is the increased amount of Schapelle support material available that prompted me to do so. The feature now displays videos that turn up from the results "Schapelle," "Free Schapelle Corby," and "Songs for Schapelle" as well as all the old and random originals. I also made sure that videos from a specific YouTube channel turn up in the results: FreeSchapelle, a channel run by Morpheus. Hopefully my readers (however few you are :D) will now find more varied results to enjoy!

5. I edited the Welcome to HLJ feature at the top of my sidebar. I put in this welcome note last summer following the release of "Ganja Queen" after I noticed a sharp increase in visitors' numbers. However, since 9 or so months have passed since that date, I changed the welcome's wording to feature "Ganja Queen" less prominently. I was going to take the entire note down since "Ganja Queen" had been its whole raison d'etre, but the thing was so likable, it convinced me to let it stay. :)

No comments: